Tuesday, May 16, 2017

MFT May Card Kit—Sketchy Flowers, Day Two

cardkitday2_2017may16


Welcome to Day Two Countdown of Sketchy Flowers Card Kit \! Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for all the kit details and more samples from the talented MFT Design Team. Release is tonight in the MFT Online Store at 9pm Eastern.


SensationalStitchedFlowers_KitPeek

This version from You Trio Die-namics is perfect for a shaker element :) First I did a watercolor wash on Ranger Watercolor Paper with Peerless watercolors, then cut YOU where I wanted it. Using Heat Resistant Acetate card stock, foam mounting tape, and sequins, I created my shaker element and adhered it to the Sweet Tooth card stock base. Next I stamped the sentiment from All About You with Versamark on Black Licorice card stock cut with Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips, which is the mid-month Free with $60 set. I heat embossed with white detail embossing powder and popped it up on foam under the shaker element.

cardkitday2_2017may16b

I just love these two little birdies from Friends Furever so I stamped and colored them and popped them up to complete the design.

And that’s it for today—thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1newsupplies




~Supplies~
Stamps:
Sketchy Flowers Card Kit, Friends Furever (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Ranger Watercolor Paper, Heat Resistant Acetate Card Stock, X-Press It Blending Card (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Sketchy Flowers Card Kit, Friends Furever Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Peerless Watercolors, waterbrush, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, sequins, MISTI (MFT); Copic Markers

1newsignature

7 comments:

  1. A wonderful card. Love this Big YOU and the little birds. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful water coloring. I am loving this YOU and sentiments that goes with it. I love the shaker that you created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shaker element is so perfect! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love shaker cards and this one is no exception! I wouldn't think of using letters with a shaker card. It is perfect. The little birds are also a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun shaker card! You're so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sentiment surely is not said enough! Making this card was a beautiful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card. I really love this kit. Thanks for the great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!