Thursday, July 21, 2016

I Think You’re Spectacular–MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #290

MFTWSC290_2016jul21

Hi, everyone, I’m back with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The MFT Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFT_WSC_290
I hadn’t used my LLD Geek Is Chic stamp set and LLD Geek Is Chic Glasses Die-namics in a while so I pulled them out for this card. I started with a Primitive Cream card stock base and applied molding paste on the front through Jumbled Letters Stencil. While that was drying, I cut more Primitive Cream card stock with Stitched Rounded Rectangle STAX Die-namics and stamped the glasses image with Natural dye ink, stamped off once for a subtle pattern. I found some stamped up paper in my stash, made with Plaid Background Builder and Kraft dye ink, Safety Orange dye ink, Jellybean Green dye ink, and Cornflower dye ink. I cut it with Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics and added it with a piece of Safety Orange card stock stamped with Wood Plank Background and Safety Orange dye ink cut with Blueprints 7 Die-namics, all popped up on foam mounting tape.

MFTWSC290_2016jul21b






























The sentiment was stamped with Versamark on Cornflower card stock and heat embossed with Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder, then also popped up on foam. Next I added some faux tortoiseshell glasses using a technique that I show in THIS YouTube video.

And that’s it for today! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you soon!


1newsupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps:
LLD Geek Is Chic, Plaid Background Builder, Wood Plank Background (MFT)
Ink:
Kraft dye ink, Safety Orange dye ink, Cornflower dye ink, Jellybean Green dye ink, Natural dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Primitive Cream card stock, Cornflower card stock, Safety Orange card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
LLD Geek Is Chic Glasses Die-namics, Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics, Blueprints 7 Die-namics, Blueprints 27 Die-namics, Stitched Rounded Rectangle STAX Die-namics, Jumbled Letters Stencil, Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder, Embossing Magic, foam mounting tape (MFT); molding paste, enamel dots

1newsignature

3 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!