Thursday, June 16, 2016

Hats Off to the Graduate–MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #285

MFTWSC285_2016jun16

Hi, everyone, I’m back with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The MFT Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFT_WSC_285
I needed a graduation card for the son of a friend so I decided to see if I could use this sketch for it. I started with a SweetTooth card stock base. On another piece of Sweet Tooth card stock, and using High-Rise Alphabet Uppercase Die-namics, I dry embossed the school’s letters, added a strip of Sweet Tooth card stock stamped with Plaid Background Builder using Orange Zest dye ink and Cornflower dye ink and popped it up on foam mounting tape. Next I cut the balloon from Blueprints 26 Die-namics and stamped the school letters with Orange Zest dye ink.

MFTWSC285_2016jun16b

We don’t have alphabet stamps so I was happy to find the letters I needed using LLD Watt’s Up? and LLD Happy Graduation and overstamped with another sentiment from LLD Happy Graduation and Cornflower dye ink. I cut the string and ribbon from Orange Zest card stock then popped the balloon up on foam mounting tape. I added a graduation cap and “Class of” from LLD Graduation Accents Die-namics cut from Cornflower card stock and Orange Zest Card stock. The numbers for “2016” were cut from Orange Zest card stock with LLD Emmitt Alphabet Die-namics. I finished off with some stars cut with Blueprints 7 Die-namics, Blueprints 25 Die-namics, and Blueprints 26 Die-namics from blue glitter paper.

And that’s it from me for this week’s
MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you soon!

1springsupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps:
LLD Happy Graduation, LLD Watt’s Up?, Plaid Background Builder (MFT)
Ink:
Orange Zest dye ink, Cornflower dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Orange Zest card stock, Cornflower card stock (MFT); blue glitter card stock
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 7 Die-namics, Blueprints 25 Die-namics, Blueprints 26 Die-namics, High-Rise Alphabet Uppercase Die-namics, LLD Graduation Accents Die-namics, LLD Emmitt Alphabet Die-namics, foam mounting tape (MFT)

1springsignature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!