Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Creative Construction With Blueprints–Homespun Holidays


Hey, there, thanks for joining me for the October MFT Creative Construction With Blueprints Design Team Challenge! There are few things more inviting during the hectic holiday season than cozying up under a well-worn quilt with a warm cup and inviting book. Join us this month as we recreate that comfortable feeling in paper form with the homespun elements included in Blueprints 20.
MFT_CreativeConstruction_SideBar
My plan with this card was to create a quilt wall hanging. Can you see it? I started with a Stone Gray card stock base, and then made my “wallpaper” from Calm & Cozy Chevron Paper Pack, and a “baseboard” from Safety Orange card stock stamped with Wood Plank Background and Safety Orange dye ink.
Next I created my quilt, using Gravel Gray card stock for the trim and the squares from Poppy card stock, Berrylicious card stock, and Cornflower card stock along with some Calm & Cozy Chevron Paper Pack. I popped it up on foam and made my quilt hanger from more of the baseboard paper, cut out with the smaller Framing Flourishes Die-namics. It looks so much like a piece of real oak wood!!


The sentiment was pieced together from two stamp sets: BB Cool Day and BB Santa’s Elves stamped with Gravel Gray dye ink and embellished with a little flower from Hand Lettered Holiday, stamped with Wild Cherry dye ink and Cornflower dye ink.
And that’s it for me today! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you soon!

1fallsupplies

 

~Supplies~
Stamps:
BB Cool Day, Hand Lettered Holiday, BB Santa’s Elves, Wood Plank Background (MFT)
Ink:
Gravel Gray dye ink, Wild Cherry dye ink, Cornflower dye ink, Safety Orange dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Stone Gray card stock, Gravel Gray card stock, Berrylicious card stock, Cornflower card stock, Poppy card stock, Safety Orange card stock, Calm & cozy Chevron Paper Pack (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 20 Die-namics, Framing Flourishes Die-namics, foam mounting tape (MFT)

1fallsignature


2 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!