Monday, August 31, 2015

MFT September Release Countdown, Day Two

countdownday2_2015aug31

Hi, everyone, welcome to Day Two of MFT’s September Release Countdown! We’re getting close—tomorrow night at 10pm is release! Be sure to get all the details at the MFT Blog. Today we’re featuring LLD Soda Pop Stamp Set, LLD Soda Pop Bottles Die-namics, LLD Bottlecaps Die-namics, LLD Bottlecap Letters Die-namics, LLD Bottlecap Numbers Die-namics, and Concentric Circle Grid Stencil.


NewReleaseCountdown_Day2

I must tell you that I gasped when I saw these sets from Laina this month! I’m a Coke-aholic and these stamps and dies just stole my heart! I couldn’t wait to create with them and here’s what I came up with.

I started with a Kraft card stock base. On a piece of Sweet Tooth card stock I spread some embossing paste through Concentric Circle Grid Stencil and allowed it to dry, then popped it up on foam mounting tape on the base, with a strip of Dots & Stripes Neutral Paper Pack under the bottom edge. Next I cut LLD Soda Pop Bottles Die-namics from Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb paper and colored it with Copic markers to resemble a bottle of Coke. I cut the back from Wild Cherry card stock, stamped the sentiment with Versamark, heat embossed with white detail embossing powder, adhered it to the bottle and popped it up on foam mounting tape on the embossing paste panel. The top was cut from Wild Cherry card stock and popped up on foam. I cut

countdownday2_2015aug31b

Then I cut LLD Bottlecaps Die-namics from Wild Cherry card stock and added the inner element, stamped on Sweet Tooth card stock with Wild Cherry dye ink and popped up on foam, then adhered to the bottom of the card base. The sentiment was stamped on a strip of Black Licorice card stock with Versamark and also heat embossed before being also popped up on foam.

I colored some rain drops with a Copic marker and adhered them to look like fizz coming out of the bottle, adding to the “poppin’” theme.

countdownday2_2015aug31c

And that’s it for Day Two! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you back tomorrow for the last day of MFT’s September Release Countdown!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb1




~Supplies~
Stamps:
LLD Soda Pop (MFT)
Ink:
Wild Cherry dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Kraft card stock, Wild Cherry card stock, Dots & Stripes Neutral Paper Pack (MFT); Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
LLD Soda Pop Bottles Die-namics, LLD Bottlecaps Die-namics, Concentric Circle Grid Stencil, foam mounting tape, Quickie Glue Pen, white detail embossing powder (MFT); embossing paste, heat tool, rain drops, Copic marker

1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

17 comments:

  1. What a Great card! I love the clean look to it as well as the genius use of the raindrops for bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, this is awesome! I just LOVE how you coloured the coke bottle - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously GF!!! This set is a must I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I love that card! It's a great stamp set by Laina and I love what you did with it. Guess that has to go on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I love the bottle die! To bad it's not still available. I am a Mt Dew freak! How fun would that be? Love this card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that classic Coke bottle, and the cute "bubbles" coming out the top!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun card, love that dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is the cutest card! Love your great design with this super fun new set!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way you paired the sentiment with the bottle caps and bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thirsty -you made it look so good! Terrific use of images and stencil1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow!! I love the bottle caps and the fun bubbles!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the fizz is super cute. thanks, Barbara for the inspiration. cute how the cap is popped off.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a Super Cute Card. I can think of sooo many ideas with this set.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card, the soda looks so real! and the texture is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!