Sunday, June 21, 2015

Shining Star - SSSC #274

SSSC274_2015jun21


Hey there and welcome to a brand new Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! What a fun sketch Karen has for us this week—perfect for the recently-released star-themed products from MFT!


SSSC274

I really could not put down these new sets this month! I was already on a star embellishment kick and this just reinforces that ;-) I started with a Grout Gray card stock base, then added a Sweet Tooth card stock layer, popped up on foam. Next is some paper I created by stamping Tiny Stars Background on Sweet Tooth card stock with Versamark and heat embossing with white detail embossing powder. Next I just started sponging these inks: Nightshift Blue dye ink, Blueberry dye ink, Lush Lagoon dye ink, Grape Jelly dye ink until I have the coverage and color I wanted. I also splattered it with Sweet Tooth pigment ink mixed with water. I cut the top panel with Blueprints 18 Die-namics and popped it up, stamped the sentiment from LLD Count the Stars with Steel Gray dye ink and popped up a LLD Stars & Wishes Die-namics cut from Ranger silver foil card stock. I cut the largest star from LLD Lucky Stars Die-namics from the foil paper and 4 layers of scraps then glued them together for dimension. Finally, I cut two more stars with Blueprints 15 Die-namics and Blueprints 19 Die-namics from silver glitter paper, adhered them, and was done.

Another sentiment from the set and another die cut were added to the inside.

SSSC274_2015jun21in


And,that’s it! Thanks so much for stopping by today—see you soon!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb1




~Supplies~
Stamps:
LLD Count the Stars, Tiny Stars Background (MFT)
Ink:
Nightshift Blue dye ink, Blueberry dye ink, Lush Lagoon dye ink, Grape Jelly dye ink, Steel Gray dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Grout Gray card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Ranger silver foil card stock (MFT); silver glitter paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
LLD Lucky Stars, LLD Stars & Wishes, Blueprints 15 Die-namics, Blueprints 18 Die-namics, Blueprints 19 die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder (MFT); heat tool

1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!