Monday, September 01, 2014

In the Background–Red Gingham Christmas (video included)

redginghamxmas_2014sep1

Hi, all, I’m back today with another In the Background card and video. I hope you’ve enjoyed my previous ones and have learned just a little something along the way.

Have you looked at the calendar? Christmas is barreling down the pike and will be here before we know it so I thought I’d better get started on some cards. I never have enough and I always say I’m going to get started early but never do; maybe this is the year ;-)

In today’s video I’m going to show you how to make a darling little gingham checked background using a stencil and ink. MFT has a couple of great gingham stamps: LJD Textile Backgrounds and Gingham Background but sometimes you just need a smaller check. That’s what I’m going to show you to do in this video.

You can also see the video HERE on YouTube and I hope you’ll subscribe to my channel.



I started with a piece of Sweet Tooth Card Stock and taped it down to my grid paper, then taped down All Lined Up Stencil and applied Red Hot Ink. Then I turned my paper 90 degrees and sponged again to create a sweet little check pattern.


redginghamxmas_2014sep1close 

To create my card, I trimmed down my newly stenciled paper and popped it up on foam on the base. I stamped a sentiment from Seasonal Sentiments on Black Licorice Card Stock with Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder and did a little sponging a la the chalkboard technique. To finish it off, I added a couple of holly leaves from Christmas Ornaments Die-namics and some Copic marker colored clear gems for the berries.

On the inside is another sentiment from Seasonal Sentiments stamped with Black Licorice Ink.


redginghamxmas_2014sep1in


And that’s it! See you soon! This card is simple enough to mass produce and still be special and flat enough to be mail friendly. Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
Seasonal Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:
Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink, Black Licorice ink, Red Hot Refill (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth Card Stock, Black Licorice Card Stock, Gumdrop Green Card Stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond,
Christmas Ornaments Die-namics, All Lined Up Stencil (MFT); foam tape, Copic marker, clear gems, white embossing powder, heat tool, sponge dauber


1CAS Signature2

2 comments:

  1. Now subscribed love the card and so excited to see what MFT will be releasing for Christmas this year <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I really enjoyed watching the video and seeing how the card was created.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!