Saturday, June 07, 2014

Say Watt?–SSSC #222

SSSC222_2014jun8


Happy Sunday, y’all! It’s time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge and Karen’s done it again—awesome sketch! I don’t know how she comes up with them week after week—but I’m glad she does!


10262218_10203706054353338_1892903812969811032_n
So, you’ll notice I took a little artistic liberty with the sketch, LOL! I wanted to keep it CAS and I wanted to use the Sun Ray stencil to emboss, so I sneaked it in as the circle element. I think it totally works, don’t you? I used Sweet Tooth card stock, Blu Raspberry card stock, Steel Gray card stock, and Banana Split card stock in my design, along with vellum, black and silver mirror and silver glitter papers on the light bulb. I used Grid Background on the left hand strip, stamped with Steel Gray Hybrid ink and Sweet Tooth pigment ink on the sentiment from Watt’s Up? stamp set, then heat embossed with white detail embossing powder. I popped up stuff on foam for dimension and finished off with some sequins and clear gems.

Another sentiment from Watt’s Up? was stamped on the inside with Steel Gray Hybrid ink.

SSSC222_2014jun8in 

And that’s it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers have for you today: 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!



1CAS Supplies2





~Supplies~
Stamps:
Watt’s Up?, Grid Background (MFT)
Ink:
Steel Gray Hybrid ink, Sweet Tooth pigment ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Steel Gray card stock, Blu Raspberry card stock, Banana Split card stock (MFT); silver glitter paper, silver mirror paper, black mirror paper, vellum
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Lightbulb Die-namics, Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics, Sun Ray Stencil (MFT); foam tape, sequins, clear gems, embossing powder, heat tool

1CAS Signature2

8 comments:

  1. Loving this!! Absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool take on the sketch! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING!!! I'm truly happier today because of this card. Bar I love it! Fantastic take on this weeks sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SO CLEVER! I love the rays behind the bulb and you are such an enabler - I must go get some of that silver and black mirror! Beautiful card, Bar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a clever idea!! I LOVE the sunday behind that bulb. What fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is brilliant! The stencilled background is perfection

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is AMAZING my friend! I ADORE every thing about this! Miss you SO much!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!