Friday, October 04, 2013

Halloween Mixed Media–C4C #206

C4C206_2013oct5


I’m back with this week’s Crazy 4 Challenges challenge! This week we have a fabulous inspiration piece to use for our projects so be sure to check out the Crazy 4 Challenges blog for all the details.

I decided to do a mixed media piece for my project today. I made a printer’s tray last year to hang on the wall and it was picked up for publication and is still in Utah! I doubt I’ll get it back in time to display this year so this will fill in for it. I started with an 8 x 10 canvas board, applied a layer of gesso and then laid down color with my Gelatos. I stamped some images from
MPD Timeless, MPD Distressed Background Blocks, LJD Art Expression Text, Inspired by Caged Bird, and LJD Primitive Pumpkins, added a MPD Concentric Circles “moon” and lots of Die-namics elements: Die-namics Spider Web, Die-namics Flat-Bottom Clouds, Die-namics Cornstalk, Die-namics LJD Primitive Pumpkins, Die-namics Sheltering Tree and Leaf Trio, Die-namics Barbed Wire Fence.

After I had it framed, I added a
Die-namics Spider Web in the corner of the frame with the little spider from Die-namics Paper Bag Peek-a-Boos attached.

And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you, including October’s guest designer, Lisa Elton!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C206.












~Supplies~
Stamps:
MPD Timeless, MPD Distressed Background Blocks, LJD Art Expression Text, Inspired by Caged Bird, LJD Primitive Pumpkins (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Tangy Orange card stock (MFT); Soft Suede, silver metallic (SU!); silver and black glitter card stock
Ink: Archival Pitch Black; Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Spider Web, Die-namics Flat-Bottom Clouds, Die-namics Cornstalk, Die-namics LJD Primitive Pumpkins, Die-namics Sheltering Tree and Leaf Trio, Die-namics Barbed Wire Fence, Die-namics Paper Bag Peek-a-Boos, MPD Concentric Circles stencil (MFT); gesso, Gelatos, molding paste, silver cord, gems, foam tape, silver paint


brownwendysignature

8 comments:

  1. What a spectacular creation!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara this is wonderful!! Such a cute scene you've created, love the little corn stalks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fabulous idea Barb! Love this design!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a very cool mixed media creation....spooky scene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara Jane....ok, I don't know if that is your middle name but I wanted to get my point across!!! SHUT THE FRONT...you know the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So today I got an email with I think 10 blog posts from you - weird. This one was in the list -- LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...