Monday, September 09, 2013

MFT September Release Rewind

releaserewindboth_2013sep9

Hi, everyone! It’s time for this month’s Release Rewind! I love this feature since it gives the designers a great opportunity to use some products we might not have gotten around to using during the release. This almost always happens for me so I’m really excited about this chance to be creative with the amazing new MFT products that are available right HERE, right NOW in the MFT Boutique. To get all the details, be sure to stop by the MFT Blog.

I have cards using both of the new Pure Innocence sets for this month: PI - It’s a Sign and PI - Cornucopia. Both just as sweet as can be!

For my first card I went with a happy birthday theme and also used new products by Laina Lamb for this month: LLD Journal It – Head of the Class, and Die-namics LLD Border It – Numbers.


releaserewind1_2013sep9

I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then cut out a Kraft card stock layer with my Die-namics Blueprints 5 set and stamped the “abs’s” from the stamp set over and over with Versamark to create a background. For the green board element, I stamped the lines image with Sweet Tooth pigment ink on Gumdrop Green card stock, which was cut with Die-namics LLD Insert It – 3 x 4 Insert

I stamped the PI image on Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored her with Copic markers. I paper pieced the chalkboard by stamping two more copies of it—on one I colored and cut out the frame and on the other I stamped the sentiment using the chalkboard technique on
Black Licorice card stock with Sweet Tooth pigment ink, and heat embossed with white embossing powder. Then I cut the entire image out with Die-namics Pierced Rectangle STAX and popped it up on foam, after adding a hemp cord tied Red Hot button. To finish it off, I cut the numbers from the die set from Black Licorice card stock and popped it up on foam, as well.

For the inside of the card, I stamped another sentiment from
LLD Journal It – Head of the Class with Black Licorice ink.

releaserewind1_2013sep9in
*****

For my second card, I started with a Kraft card stock base and stamped another layer of Kraft card stock with an image from LJD Textile Backgrounds and Versamark. Then I stitched on a strip of paper I had in my stash that I made with last month’s Plaid Builder Background, stamped on Primitive Cream card stock with Jellybean Green ink and popped the whole thing up on foam.

releaserewind2_2013sep9

I stamped the image on Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored her with Copic markers, again cutting it out with Die-namics Pierced Rectangle STAX and popping it up on foam. The sentiment was stamped on a Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon die cut with Hot Fudge ink, embellished with a hemp cord tied Orange Fizz button on each end, and also popped up on foam.

The inside of this card has a sentiment from this set.


releaserewind2_2013sep9in


And that’s pretty much it! Thanks so VERY much for stopping by today!!



releaserewind1_2013sep9






releaserewind2_2013sep9









~Supplies~
It’s a Sign Card:
Stamps:
PI – It’s a Sign, LLD Journal It – Head of the Class (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Gumdrop Green card stock (MFT); Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb
Ink:
Sweet Tooth pigment ink (MFT); Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Blueprints 5, Die-namics LLD Insert It – 3 x 4 Insert, Die-namics LLD Border It – Numbers, Die-namics Pierced Rectangle STAX, Red Hot button, hemp cord (MFT); foam tape, Copic markers

Cornucopia Card:
Stamps:
PI – Cornucopia, LJD Textile Backgrounds, Plaid Builder Background (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Primitive Cream card stock (MFT); Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb
Ink:
Hot Fudge ink (MFT); Versamark; Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Pierced Rectangle STAX, Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon, Orange fizz button, hemp cord (MFT); foam tape, sewing machine, Copic markers


brownwendysignature

5 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara,
    Beautiful cards to wrap up a great Fall release. Thank you for sharing your creativity and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fabulous Barbara!! Gorgeous colouring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, I just love both of your cards, especially the birthday one. Your coloring is fabulous. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ards, I love both of them awesome coloring and the number die is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great designs on both cards. Your coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...