Saturday, September 07, 2013

Egret Observations–C4C #202

C4C202_2013sep6


Hi, everyone! Since it’s Saturday, that means it’s time for Crazy 4 Challenges! Today’s challenge is to use flowers and pearls on your card or project.

I chose to make another scrapbook page for my trip to Florida back in May. This is another picture from the Magic Kingdom—we just happened to walk by a gorgeous egret sitting perfectly still, letting me get a good picture. If you look real carefully, you can see him/her sitting in front of the lamp pole. Gorgeous bird! I thought the elegant theme of today’s challenge fit this picture to a “T”.

I started with my 8 x 8 chipboard page, added a layer of Natural card stock and then patterned paper. I swiped the paper with gesso and added some modeling paste using MPD Petal Pattern stencil. I used MPD Graduated Diamonds stencil and sponged on some distress ink and inked up the paper edges. I stamped an image from MPD Timeless in the tear at the top and added a piece of Tim Holtz hardware hanging down.

Next I cut a Die-namics High Tea Party Doily from Natural card stock and layered it with a pearl flourish. I matted the photo with Primitive White card stock and Jellybean Green card stock and popped it up on foam. I slipped the journaling card, cut from Primitive White card stock with Die-namics LLD Insert It – 3 x 4 Notepad, under the edge of the photo. I added some Die-namics Pretty Posies flowers cut from Primitive White card stock with Die-namics Royal Leaves cut from Jellybean Green card stock. The flowers have Jellybean Green button centers, tied with hemp cord. I stamped a couple MPD Winged Beauty butterflies on Primitive White card stock with Black Licorice ink and popped them up. The “Observations” strip was cut with Die-namics LLD Accent It – Story Starters cut from Jellybean Green ink. I chose to leave the cutouts in place, secured on the back with ScorTape.

And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you, including our fabulous September Guest Designer, Tosh Leyendekker!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C202.

Thanks so much for stopping by!








~Supplies~
Stamps:
MPD Timeless, MPD Winged Beauty (MFT)
Paper:
Natural card stock, Primitive White card stock, Jellybean Green card stock (MFT); Secret Garden (Graphic 45)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink (MFT); Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics High Tea Party Doily, Die-namics LLD Insert It – 3 x 4 Notepad, Die-namics Pretty Posies, Die-namics Royal Leaves, Die-namics LLD Accent It – Story Starters, Die-namics MPD Winged Beauty; Jellybean Green button, hemp cord, MPD Graduated Diamonds stencil, MPD Petal Pattern stencil (MFT); foam tape, modeling paste, gesso, hardware, pearl flourish


brownwendysignature

4 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous piece of art!! Love the timepiece and zipper pull!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love the zipper pull and the fabulous design. This is one of my fav pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful scrap page.....will be quite a nice treasure of memories

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous picture!! And it's showcased so beautifully with your fabulous embellishing!! I especially love your little pulley with the torn paper at the top. Charming!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!