Saturday, August 03, 2013

Time to be Creative–MFT August Teaser, Day Four

augustteaserday4_2013aug3


Hey, there! It’s Day Four of
MFT’s August Teasers and I’m so excited about today’s project! Today we’re previewing You're Invited, MPD Collage Backgrounds, and Die-namics Peek-a-Boo Chevrons. Be sure to check out what other design team members have for you today, along with details about all of these products at the MFT Blog. Release is on Tuesday, August 6th at 10pm.

I recently gave my stamp room a serious clean out so I now have a little space on which to display some projects, and this one was done with my room in mind. I started with a 8 x 8 stretched canvas and went from there. Using tissue paper and MPD Collage Backgrounds, I stamped the text with black waterproof ink then went over and stamped the gears from the set with sepia waterproof ink. Then I crumbled it up and tore it into strips before adhering it to my canvas randomly with Mod Podge, After that dried (your heat tool is your friend) I swiped some gesso on to lighten it up a bit. Next, I added molding paste using the MPD Petal Pattern stencil and allowed that to dry.

In the meantime, I assembled my clock, using MPD Timeless stamp set and Die-namics MPD Time Pieces and made my Die-namics Large Hybrid Heirloom Rose, and die cut my Die-namics Decorative Doily and Die-namics Large Leaf-Filled Flourish. To give the rose the look it has, I swiped it first with copper craft paint and then gesso. The flourish started out as Kraft and I dabbed green paint on it to give it a dappled look. I stamped the sentiment on a Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon flag with waterproof ink and swiped it with gesso. The gears were cut from chipboard coasters and painted with metallic paint.

After the molding paste was dry, I used a paint dabber and colored it the nice salmon color, then swiped the edges all around with Distress Ink. Then it was just a matter of arranging the elements and adhering them. I love how this turned out :)

And there you have it! Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope my project inspires you to “mix” it up!










~Supplies~
Stamps: MPD Timeless, MPD Collage Backgrounds (
MFT)
Paper:
Whip Cream card stock, Kraft card stock, Pink Lemonade card stock, Primitive White card stock (MFT); tissue paper, chipboard coasters
Ink: Archival black, Archival sepia; Distress Ink
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Decorative Doily, Die-namics Large Leaf-Filled Flourish, Die-namics Large Hybrid Heirloom Rose, Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon, MPD Petal Pattern stencil, Die-namics MPD Time Pieces (MFT); lace, molding paste, gesso, foam tape, hot glue/gun; gold, silver, copper, salmon, green paint dabbers, Mod Podge


brownwendysignature

31 comments:

  1. Barbara, I just love your mixed media project. I have been trying this technique a bit lately and you have inspired me to keep going and buy modelling paste!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. I love all the texture the colors and the wonderful dies. Really great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful project Barbara....I must try tissue paper with some stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Barbara! Love all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This collage is simply beautiful. I love mixed media projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous canvas. I love your tissue background and the texture paste petals - absolutely fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like we have another mixed media master on the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are becoming quite the mixed media designer! This is absolutely gorgeous! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great texture on this, Bar. so glad to see your mixed media pieces. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous! I've been so interested in mixed media recently- it's vintage look is right up my alley, but it is a little intimidating. You make it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another gorgeous work of Art Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the profusion of textures and embellishments, fantastic canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your canvas - it would look great in my craft room (hint, hint). Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love your canvas... great mixed media background. You have wall space... lucky girl! Looking forward to the new release.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I stopped by to comment on your C4C card, but this beauty stopped me in my tracks(scroll)! STUNNING and such wonderful colors and details! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...incredible layers of detail!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Barb, I am sure your craft room is stunningly beautiful and you will continue to make wonderful projects with this as your inspiration! How wonderful to make something for yourself! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am liking the Timeless stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your canvas is so pretty! I pinned it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the card all the textures are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an amazing piece of artwork. So many layers of detail. Lots of work but well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this! Love the textures and the layers and the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh!! This card is absolutely BEAAUTIFUL!!! You are such a talented artist!

    ReplyDelete
  24. AMAZING!!! LOVE all the elements you've used on this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...