Wednesday, August 21, 2013

This Life Is Pretty Amazing–CTD #256

CTD256_2013aug21


Hi, all, it’s Color Throwdown time! Today Joan has a gorgeous palette for us to work with—I love this!!


swatch 256

OK, I totally spaced on the Vanilla. I used white. Duh.

Moving on. I stamped the sentiment from DC Vertical Greetings II with Black Licorice ink on Sweet Tooth card stock to start with. Then I stamped one of the images from Plaid Builder Background in Rich Razzleberry ink on Pale Plum card stock in a horizontal pattern. I adhered that to my Sweet Tooth card stock base and popped the tag up on foam after I added a baker’s twine string. I cut a couple of Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX flags, one from Sour Apple card stock and one from Rich Razzleberry and stamped the Sour Apple one with LJD Darling Dots and Sour Apple ink. I adhered that to the tag and proceeded to make my flower embellishment. I used a Die-namics Winter Rose, cut from Rich Razzleberry and sponged the edges with Sweet Tooth pigment ink before adding a Sweet Tooth button center, tied with more baker’s twine. I added some Die-namics Royal Leaves cut from Sour Apple card stock, adhered some sequins and it was done!


I stamped another sentiment from the set on the inside:


CTD256_2013aug21in


And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD256 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!  

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put – on break
Melody Rupple
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Kendra Wietstock – August Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today!










~Supplies~
Stamps:
DC Vertical Greetings II (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Sour Apple card stock (MFT); Rich Razzleberry, Pale Plum (SU!)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink, Sour Apple ink (MFT); Rich Razzleberry (SU!)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Traditional Tags STAX, Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX, Die-namics Royal Leaves, Die-namics Winter Rose, Sweet tooth button (MFT


brownwendysignature

6 comments:

  1. The colors are so pretty on the white! Love the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to stop by and tell you how beautiful this card is! Lovely use of these rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Bar....love the papers you used and what a beautiful sentiment!!!! (I forgive you for the white...LOL!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is a stunning way to combine these colors! Love the striped BG and great layout! Going to have to pin this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design! Love your stamped striped background panel and the sponging on the edges of the flower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...