Friday, August 09, 2013

Shine Brightly–Catered Crop Quickfire

cateredcrop_2013aug8


Hey, everyone! I have a CAS card today that will be shared on the Catered Crop blog since I was lucky enough to be one of the challenge winners last week! Woot!!

This week’s challenge is to use sequins and I love me some sequins :) I’d been wanting to use the
Die-namics Sun Ray again so I got it out and paired it with LJD On the Line. My card base is Berrylicious card stock and I used Lemon Drop card stock for the sun rays. I popped them up on an insane amount of foam tape—overkill, no doubt! I cut a circle with Die-namics Circle STAX and stamped the sentiment with Black Licorice ink, then added some of my new Ranger Distress Glitter in Rock Candy around the edge. It does indeed shine IRL. To finish it off, I scattered a few sequins.

I stamped another sentiment on the inside:


cateredcrop_2013aug8in

And there you have it! Be sure to check out the challenge at Catered Crop and join the fun!








~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD On the Line (MFT)
Paper:
Berrylicious card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Sun Ray, Die-namics Circle STAX (MFT); Rock Candy Distress Glitter (Ranger); foam tape, glue, sequins


brownwendysignature

3 comments:

  1. Barbara - This is stunning. I love that sweet little touch of sequins. Not overstated - just perfection. So fun to have you with us this week as one of our guest designers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card shines defenitly brightly :-)

    Hugs, Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you have paired the sun dies with the sequins!! I have that die but haven't used it yet - I LOVE your idea! Congrats on the guest spot at Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...