Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Road Trip–MFTWSC #138

MFTWSC138_2013aug21


Hi, everyone, I’m back again with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


MFTWSC138

This page is documenting a road trip DH and I took in May on the way to the phenomenal MFT retreat. We stopped in Savannah, Georgia for two nights and this is where we stayed: Old Harbour Inn. We loved it and will definitely stay there again when we go back.

I’m doing this on a chipboard page from a Maya Road album. It’s 8 x 8 and just a good size for me. I started by adhering a Kraft card stock layer, then a patterned paper layer. I distressed that with a distressing tool before adhering, then with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and gesso. Then I created the bricks with MPD Brick Wall stencil and molding paste and when they were dry, I swiped them with Brick Red ink and more Distress Ink. I sponged on some more Brick Red ink with MPD Gears stencil and my background was done.

Next I cut some gears from Die-namics MPD Time Pieces and Kraft card stock and added a Die-namics LLD Accent It – Hit the Road cut from Steel Gray card stock and Whip Cream card stock for the lines. The car was cut from Brick Red card stock using Die-namics LLD Accent It – World Traveler.

I mounted the photo on Brick Red card stock and popped the sentiment up on foam tape. It was stamped on a Die-namics LLD Accent It – Labels and Tabs with Black Licorice ink and is from LLD Document It – Enjoy the Journey. To finish it off, I added the top sentiment, also from LLD Document It – Enjoy the Journey, stamped with Olive ink on a Die-namics LLD Accent It – Flags & Tags die cut.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I’m really enjoying my foray into scrapbooking—something I never really thought I’d do. I really love the larger canvas and another way to use all the fabulous MFT mixed media products. Fun stuff!










~Supplies~
Stamps:
LLD Document It – Enjoy the Journey (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Steel Gray card stock, Whip Cream card stock, Brick Red card stock (MFT); patterned paper (MME)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink, Brick Red ink, Olive ink (MFT); Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics LLD Accent It – World Traveler, Die-namics LLD Accent It – Hit the Road, Die-namics LLD Accent It – Flags & Tags, Die-namics LLD Accent It – Labels and Tabs, Die-namics MPD Time Pieces, MPD Gears stencil, MPD Brick Wall stencil (MFT); foam tape, molding paste, gesso, distressing tool


brownwendysignature

1 comment:

  1. what a great mixed media piece, Barbara. love the gesso swipes and the fun Die-namics you added in. love that you used the sketch for a smaller layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...