Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Congratulations on Your Wonderful News

welcomeamy_2013aug27


Hi, everyone! I have a card today that I made from scraps! Well, not really scraps, but do you ever make an element and then decide not to use it after all? Well, I sure do and I keep them.

So, I was getting ready to make this card and I was looking through that drawer to see if there was anything I could use up. I didn’t have a design idea at the time, so I decided to see how many already-made elements I could use on this card. I made this card for a special occasion that’s being announced over on the MFT Blog today so be sure to head over and check it out :)

I started with a Primitive White card stock base, then added the Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX die cut. I had only stamped part of it before relegating it to the drawer, so I finished stamping it with Versamark and the chevron from LJD Spring Backgrounds, then I added a “found” Die-namics Dainty Doily Duo cut from Black Licorice card stock. I cut out the Die-namics Clearly Sentimental Label from Whip Cream card stock for this card and stamped it with a sentiment from LJD Grand Greetings in Black Licorice ink.

I already had the feather from Die-namics LLD Accent It – Feathers and Arrows cut so I stamped it with Versamark and the chevron lines from LLD Border It – Mod Borders, added a Die-namics Leafy Flourish cut from Sour Apple card stock and already on hand. I had the Die-namics Mini Royal Roses flower already made from Tangy Orange card stock, as was the Die-namics Mini Rolled Roses in Grapesicle card stock. The Lemon Drop card stock flower is really just the center from Die-namics Botanical Beauty with a black flat-backed bead for the center.

For the inside, I stamped a sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About You.


welcomeamy_2013aug27in


And there you have it! I’m quite pleased with my “green” card :) Thanks so much for stopping by today! MFT September teasers start tomorrow so I hope you’ll come back then!










~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Grand Greetings, Clearly Sentimental About You, LLD Border It - Mod Borders, LJD Spring Backgrounds (MFT)
Paper:
Primitive White card stock, Kraft card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Whip Cream card stock, Sour Apple card stock, Tangy Orange card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, Grapesicle card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink (MFT); Versamark
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX, Die-namics Oval Dainty Doily Duo, Die-namics Clearly Sentimental Label, Die-namics LLD Accent It – Feathers and Arrows, Die-namics Leafy Flourish, Die-namics Mini Royal Roses, Die-namics Botanical Beauty, Die-namics Mini Rolled Roses (MFT); foam tape, hot glue, flat-backed pearl


brownwendysignature

2 comments:

  1. so pretty, Bar. LOVE that feather mixed in with the pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND this one is new to me AND I love it! And remember that rose covered oh heck I'm forgetting the word for it -- two balls on one stem, trees are trimmed that way in real life and it's not a bonsai tree? Anyway, the friend I was going to make it for isn't coming this October and I may try to make it this year - oh wait, I already have something for her again this Christmas, rats! One of these days....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...