Friday, August 02, 2013

Bewitching Treat Bags–MFT August Teaser, Day Three

augustteaserday3_2013aug2



Hello! Welcome to Day Three of
MFT’s August Teasers! Today we’re going all spoooooky in our previews: à la modes Bewitching, Paper Bag Treat Box Die-namics, Paper Bag Peek-a-Boos Die-namics, and Laina Lamb Design Cooper Alphabet. Be sure to check out what other design team members have for you today, along with details about all of these products at the MFT Blog. Release is on Tuesday, August 6th at 10pm.



TeaserTime_FullSize

I have two projects for you today. First up, Paper Bag Treat Box Die-namics and Paper Bag Peek-a-Boos Die-namics. This little treat box is adorable!! just like a paper bag! So my first one was made from Kraft card stock and I used the Jack o’ Lantern cut out. After I assembled the bag, I slipped a piece of acetate card stock down in side and stuffed in some orange tissue paper so it would show through the cut out. After that, it was a matter of simple embellishing. I cut a small tag using Die-namics Traditional Tags STAX and stamped a sentiment from LJD Primitive Pumpkins on it. I tied around some narrow black gingham ribbon and tied the tag on with an Orange Fizz button.  

The second bag was cut from Black Licorice card stock with the spider web opening. After the bag was assembled, in addition to the acetate card stock, I added some vellum inside and put in a little battery operated votive candle. I tied around some orange baker’s twine and hung the sweet little spider from silver cord. He has orange gems for eyes, colored with Copic markers. This makes the most precious mini luminaria you ever saw! I just love it!
*****

augustteaserday3_2013aug2alsmode

For my second project today, I decided to see how à la modes Bewitching would look as chalkboard art. I think she turned out rather cute, how about you? I stamped her with (squeeee!) new pigment ink from MFT this month! That’s right, we now will have Sweet Tooth Pigment ink and Whip Cream Pigment ink!! How cool is that??  I stamped her on Black Licorice card stock with the new Sweet Tooth Pigment ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. It takes embossing powder like a dream! Then I doodled a bit and set it aside.

I wanted to make my own patterned paper so I got out more Black Licorice card stock and stamped LJD Darling Dots with Whip Cream Pigment ink. Next I stamped the chevrons from LJD Spring Backgrounds with Black Licorice ink on Orange Fizz card stock. Finally, I used LJD Distressed Diamonds and stamped them in Black Licorice and Orange Fizz ink on Primitive White card stock. I got out my Whip Cream Pigment ink again and stamped a dotted line from Die-namics Tag You’re It to make an argyle pattern. I didn’t worry about being too careful about inking up my stamps or stamping because I wanted a distressed look with all of them and I love how they turned out. You can bet I’ll be doing more of this! Here’s a close up of all three papers:


augustteaserday3_2013aug2alsmodeclose


After my card base was assembled, I tied around some baker’s twine and an Orange Fizz button and popped the image up on foam. Here’s the inside with a sentiment from the set:

augustteaserday3_2013aug2alsmodein


And that’s it! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you like my projects today—see you back tomorrow!


augustteaserday3_2013aug2small 






augustteaserday3_2013aug2alsmodesmall








~Supplies~
Paper Bags:
Stamps:
LJD Primitive Pumpkins (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Whip Cream card stock, Black Licorice card stock (MFT); acetate card stock, vellum
Ink:
Black Licorice ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Traditional Tags STAX, Paper Bag Treat Box Die-namics, Paper Bag Peek-a-Boos Die-namics, Orange Fizz Button (MFT) baker’s twine, clear gems, Copic marker, black twine

Bewitching Card:
Stamps: à la modes Bewitching,
LJD Darling Dots, LJD Spring Backgrounds, LJD Distressed Diamonds (MFT)
Paper:
Primitive White card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Orange Fizz card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Sweet Tooth Pigment ink, Whip Cream Pigment ink, Black Licorice ink, Orange Fizz ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools:
Orange Fizz button (MFT); embossing powder, heat tool, baker’s twine, foam dots, white Prismacolor pencil


brownwendysignature

46 comments:

  1. I don't normally do Halloween, but these bags are just too cute. Might have to rethink Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love loving the treat bags! They look awesome! Might need to throw one of the kids a party just to use them. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing work. So professional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Jack 'O Lantern bag, and I totally love the self made designer paper for the card with the cutest witch holding a cauldron.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your projects are adorable, especially the à la modes Bewitching card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi barbara,

    these halloween projects are looking supercute!!! love the new a la modes witch.

    greetings femke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your projects are amazing! The halloween bags are super adorable, but what really caught my eye was your awesome background paper - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects Barbara...I do like your little paper bag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it...am so excited about the new inks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who needs all those pads of patterned papers when you can create your own with all of these great background stamps!?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the treat bags, esp. the spider die, sooo cute. Great Halloween projects.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your projects; from the spider's sparkling eyes to your wonderful paper designs

    ReplyDelete
  13. soooospooky sweet. LOVE the patterns you created on the card. and I'm so excited about the new white and cream inks....yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so darn creative! These are just adorable, Barbara! Wish I could give you a hug! (Denise E.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. what wonderful Halloween projects! love the bags with the cut outs - and that sweet witch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, I was so impressed that you made all those patterned papers! That's a lot of work, and they turned out adorable!

    ReplyDelete

  17. How cute! love the chalk look.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such gorgeous project. I love your spider treat bag - love his jewel eye. The background stamping on your bewitching card is fantastic - your own gorgeous designer paper.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow Barbara you really rocked it...love the treats and that fab chalkboard card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The embossed witch on the chalkboard is terrific! The treat bags were great too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the treat bags and the cute card you made, anything chalkboard is something I just love.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your chalkboard card is just adorable. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the bag and the vellum with the spider web is awesome. your witch is cute too. great job

    ReplyDelete
  24. These bags are amazing!!! So cute! And your card is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a tease you are! I thought I wasn't interested in the Halloween dies... and then you came along! I love both the bag projects. And then the witch card... OMG! I just love the chalkboard idea for Halloween. Thanks so much for spending more of my $$. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super cute gift bags! Beautiful card, love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the ala mode girl in white ink. I would never think to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great projects. The bags are soooo cute and your card is sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adorable bags! The chalkboard witch is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am so going to have to make some of the black treat bags.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your Jack-O-Lantern Bag!! TFS your great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my, those treat bags are super cute. I love the vellum behind the spider and web. The orange eyes are a perfect touch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You've done a fantastic job selling these adorable products, Barbara!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Darling wonderful work. Great colors and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the new ala mode! Love the distressed diamonds in the background! What an excellent job there! The treat bags and dies are so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the treat bags and the card they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Barbara,
    Love all of your Halloween projects, but your chalkboard witch is really special! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow you take creative to a whole new level. Love your self made patterned papers. Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  39. The bags are beyond fabulous, and the alm is PERFECT as chalkboard art!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...