Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Add a Splash of Color to Every Day–CTD #257

CTD257_2013aug28


Hi, everyone! It’s time for another Color Throwdown Challenge! This week Lori has a bright and fun color palette for us to work with. I decided to do a mixed media piece for this week—I wanted to keep it light and bright and I think I succeeded.


swatch 257

I started with a 5 x 7 canvas board and added the green with Gelato color. Then I swiped on some gesso and let that dry. Next I stamped the script from MPD Collage Backgrounds with black waterproof ink and swiped it with more gesso. Using molding paste and the MPD Graduated Diamonds stencil, I added a couple of areas of dimension. To define my canvas, I swiped the edges with the waterproof black ink pad.

I cut a
Die-namics Oval Open Scallop Doily Duo from Sweet Tooth card stock and adhered that to my canvas, then created the focal piece. I tore the edges on another piece of Sweet Tooth card stock and started stamping paint strokes and spatters using Abstract Art and ink in the challenge colors, then popped it up on foam. I made the brush using Die-namics Paint Brushes from Black Licorice card stock, gold metallic card stock, and Regal Rose card stock and adhered that, popping up the handle only, for more dimension. I stamped the sentiment, from Clearly Sentimental About Art on a Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon flag with Black Licorice ink and popped it up on foam as well.

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD257 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week
 
Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put—taking a break
Melody Rupple
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Kendra Wietstock – August Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today!






~Supplies~
Stamps:
Clearly Sentimental About Art, MPD Collage Backgrounds (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock (MFT); Regal Rose, gold metallic (SU!)
Ink:
Black Licorice (MFT); Archival black
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Oval Open Scallop Doily Duo, Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon, Die-namics Paint Brushes (MFT); foam tape, gesso, molding paste


brownwendysignature

5 comments:

  1. How light & bright and super fun, Barbara! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great! Love all the texture and the paint brush with the brush strokes and splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS is the card I came to see and comment on! THIS is how behind I am! THIS is lovely (although I did mean everything I said about all the others!) I do have the paint brush die too! Love it Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great mixed media creation! I'm loving that background...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used these colors....fab use of the colors and stamps!! As I'm purusing....thinking you are the creative Queen....so many cards....so many ideas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...