Saturday, February 09, 2013

The Only One For Me–C4C #172

C4C172_2013feb9

Hi, everyone, it’s Crazy 4 Challenges time! Today Joanne is challenging us to make a card with hearts on it with NO red or pink! Here’s the challenge in her words: “It will soon be Valentine’s Day, and February is American Heart Month, so let’s make cards with hearts on them with a color twist of no red or pink on the cards.” Fun stuff, right?

I had to wrack my brain a bit but I came up with something I really love! I’d been wanting to try the all-the-rage chalkboard technique so I thought this was a perfect time to do it :)

So, first I stamped the sentiment, from Lovey Dovey Sentiments, with Versamark ink and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder on Black Licorice card stock. Then I doodled a bit with a white Prismacolor pencil, layered it on Kraft card stock, and popped it up on foam dots. Under that you can see a Black Licorice layer that was embossed with a heart embossing folder and swiped with a white pigment ink pad, then bordered with a Die-namics Layered Heart Border using Kraft card stock and Black Licorice card stock. I finished it off with a
Blu Raspberry button and some hemp cord, and a few aqua Dew Drops.

Here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set. The center strip was stamped with Sno Cone ink and the rest with Black Licorice ink. To do this, I stamped the center first, then went back with the black for the top and bottom parts.

C4C172_2013feb9in

And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C172.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!







Pin It




~Supplies~
Stamps:
Lovey Dovey Sentiments (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Black Licorice card stock. Whip Cream card stock (MFT); Love Story (Fancy Pants Designs)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink, Sno Cone ink (MFT); white pigment ink; Versamark
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Layered Heart Border, Blu Raspberry button, hemp cord (MFT); heat gun, white fine detail embossing powder, foam dots, Dew Drops; embossing folder, sewing machine


brownwendysignature

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card with the chalkboard technique! Pretty paper, color, and sweet heart die used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, This card is beautiful and I love the challenge of no red or pink...going to go check it out! Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! Great color combo and I love how you used the chalkboard technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the effect of the turquoise vellum....very classy card

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this Barbara!!!! Those hearts are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the non-traditional colors for this Valentine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!