Wednesday, October 27, 2010

'Tis the Season - CTD #116

I know I'm not the only one who thinks time is just going too fast! It's already Wednesday again, so it's Color Throwdown time! This week, the sweet LeAnne is our hostess and she has chosen some colors that I love. Get all the deets at the CTD blog--we'd love to have you play along!


Obviously, I chose to use these colors for a Christmas card, but you don't have to. I'd been wanting to ink up my new PTI Big and Bold Christmas Wishes set and this seemed like a good time to do it. You know I LOVE those sentiments as focal elements!


Not much to say about this card, really. I'm using October Afternoon's Good Cheer paper collection. I stamped the sentiment on Very Vanilla with Riding Hood Red and Memento Tuxedo Black inks, rounded two opposite corners, and matted it with Riding Hood Red. The twill is Certainly Celery from a couple of years ago. The holly leaves are from PTI's Holly Jolly set, stamped with Certainly Celery and cut out, and the berries are red flat back pearls. Me likey :)

Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD116 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week.

Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy
Kristin Beuter--Mindless Creativity
Laura Pryor - Lil' Inker Designs--sitting this week out
Carla Suto -SCS Gallery

Thanks so much for stopping by!


~Supplies~
Stamps: Big & Bold Christmas Wishes, Holly Jolly (PTI)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red (SU!); Good Cheer 8 x 8 pad (October Afternoon)
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Certainly Celery (SU!); Memento Tuxedo Black; Tea Dye Duo (PTI)
Accessories: twill (SU!); flat back beads, Pop Dots (craft store); Corner Chomper (We R Memory Makers)

16 comments:

  1. Neat sentiment and I like those papers together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful holiday card, Barbara! Love the papers and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love that new stamp set and your bow with the holly leaves framing the sentiment is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with my colors! You made them sing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the rich red of those stripes, and the music background is awesome! That gives me a good idea for a card I'm hoping to make soon! This is a CAS beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Barbara! I'm such a sucker for musical backgrounds and I just love your sentiment as a focal point. The holly is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo beautiful, Barb! What a perfect bow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me likey, too! It's fairly simple, but classy and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous..love those great papers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty Barbara...love the diagonal stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! Love that big sentiment and the very cool paper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is simply elegant, Bar! LOVE your patterned paper and how you made the sentiment the bold focal point! Your pretty bow finishes this off perfectly ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!! I LOVE the ribbon color! That is such a pretty color with the red! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Barbara, this card us ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. I simply love every detail of it. Truly beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!