Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Let your dreams soar - CTD #109

It's Color Throwdown time! This week, Tammy chose the colors and they're beautiful!

Once I saw the colors, my thoughts immediately went to Basic Grey's Urban Prairie paper--perfect for these colors. I decided to use just the kites from Flopsey Flies a Kite and paper pieced them after I colored the tails with Copic markers.


My layout is from this month's Card Maps. I added some black twill and a button tied on with the sentiment. Here's the inside:



Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD109 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, amd welcome September's Guest Designer, the fabulous Silke Ledlow!!!

Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy
Kristin Beuter--Mindless Creativity
Laura Pryor - Lil' Inker Designs
Silke Ledlow - My Life

Thanks for stopping by!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Flopsey Flies a Kite (MFT)
Paper: Black Licorice, Sweet Tooth (MFT); Urban Prairie 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Tag Trio (Spellbinders); twill, button (MFT); linen thread (TCP); sewing machine



23 comments:

  1. So cute Barb! I love those kites and those colors are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What FUN colors and that paper you picked couldn't be more perfect for it! Love those sweet kites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the colors you pulled forward from the patterned paper! Love the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! I wondered where those kites came from! The Urban Prairie paper is perfect for these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The BG papers are PERECT for today!! Good thinking!! Love those kites! How cute are those? MFT has REALLY come out with some amazing products lately!! I have to jump on the bandwagon! I want everything I see that you've used and I don't mean just from today! HA!! Really cool card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Bar!! I have paper pieced kites on my desk waiting to be turned into a card! Super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card, Bar, and I love that BG paper---I like that you used more subtle tones of the colors! And the inside is just as fun as the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, Barbara! Those kites are just perfect for this layout and their placement is also perfect! Love that sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara, I think this is FABULOUS! That is the most perfect dp with those fun kites!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute, Bar! Love your patterned papers and that layout is awesome for your kites! The stitching is a nice added touch :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea to use colorful kites for this challenge! You must be a patient person to cut out all those tiny detailed bows on the kite strings! Wonderful summer card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love how those kites can stand alone for a card... brilliant idea to make them a seperate stamp and BRILLIANT of YOU to use them!!!!! :) This card is a Beauty, colors could be "in your face" but they aren't they are just PRETTY PRETTY COLORS!!!!!! :)

    Hugs Friend!

    kj

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I have such a great time when I come here to see what you're up to. This is so darn cute! Love all the CardMaps layouts this month, and love the Urban Prairie paper. Mine is almost gone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such gorgeous colours, just looking at the card makes me smile :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the card!!!! THe kites are super cute with that background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree, the dp is perfect!!! Love the paper pieced kite and the sentiment too

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, how lovely! I am so into the kites right now and you certainly bring out the best in them. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun, fun, fun Barbara!!! Love the DP and the awesome kits!!! Beautiful card inside and out!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous! Love the kites and the pattern paper.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is great! What a terrific way to use these colors-that BG paper was perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!