Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Flowers Feed the Soul - FTTC #82


It's time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC82)! It is the end of the month so we have a challenge host! Traci Major is our challenge host! Traci is challenging us to Summer Memories! With summer quickly drawing to a close, Traci wants us to reflect on one of our summer activities and create a card capturing one of our favorite memories of Summer 2010! We would love to see what you create!

Gardening is a big part of every summer for me so I thought I'd bring out my From the Garden set. This little scene is very familiar to me, LOL. I stamped the image on Classic White card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copic markers. I'm using paper from Basic Grey's Green At Heart 6 x 6 pad and Pear Pizazz card stock--which is fast becoming a favorite green for me. The circle element was cut with a Classic Circle Nestabilities die, then I stamped the sentiment from the set and added some flat backed pearls.

Be sure to go see what summer memories my team mates have today! I hope you'll play along with us! And be sure to visit our Guest Designer, Traci Major, and leave her some love! ~Supplies~
Stamps:
From the Garden (Flourishes)

Paper: Classic White (Flourishes); Pear Pizazz (SU!); Green At Heart 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:
ribbon (craft store); flat back pearls; Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Classic Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Copic markers


12 comments:

  1. gorgeous card, love the clean and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Barbara, I just saw your cards at all, from the beginning. A card better than the other. There is no one who does not like me. Very nice cards you've made. I like them all.

    Hugs Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! I love your colored image and the design of the circle with its embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet image, and the layout really adds another layer of interest to your scene, wonderful card, Barb!!
    Thanks so much for sharing my excitement this week by sharing your summer memory!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super fabulous, Barbara! I love the layout and your coloring! Beautiful details and papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice caard. Love the colors and paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL!!! Love how you captured your summer gardening :)!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, Barbara! Wonderful design and summer memory! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your sketch. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Bar! Love the pearls around the circle so perfectly placed! This is definitely YOU with the garden-theme! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!