Friday, June 04, 2010

You're too sweet - Stamp Simply #142


June 4 - ssnotime142 - Sweet Stuff! - Today's challenge comes to us from Jenny Gropp. Jenny wants us to create a card or a project featuring something SWEET.... a cake, cupcake or candy! It can be a stamp image, paper or an embellishment -- whatever you have in your stash that fits the theme. Can't wait to see all your SWEET creations! Thanks so much Jenny!!!

How convenient that this challenge comes up right after the release of MFT's Pure Innocence Lollypop Girl set. Perfect! I decided to make a card and a tag for a treat bag (using MFT's cute little gusseted bags) full of peppermint sticks. Yum! I stamped the image on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copic markers along with paper piecing her dress, then I cut her 0ut and popped her up with Pop Dots. I used a Jumbo Scallop Die-namics die (temporarily out of stock) on the text paper and the Fresh Cut Grass die for, of course, the grass. Other MFT products I used are Sour Apple, Fossil, and Red Hot card stock, and the Summer button collection.

Here's a close up of the card.



A close up of the tag.



And a close up of the inside of the card.


So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave the link to your project on Sharon's blog using Mr. Linky. Please use the keyword ssnotime142 if you upload to a public forum. And don't forget to check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team and leave 'em some love!

Julia Aston - June Guest Designer

Barb Schram

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

Deb Neerman

Thanks for dropping in! I always love it when you do!

~Supplies~
Stamps: PI Lollypop Girl (MFT)
Paper: Fossil, Sour Apple, Red Hot card stock, Perfect Paper Panels (MFT); Fly a Kite 8 x 8 pad (October Afternoon); Very Vanilla (SU!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Jumbo Scallop and Fresh Cut Grass Die-namics dies, buttons, gusseted treat bags (MFT); Classic Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders); twill; twine (PTI); 1 1/4" circle punch (SU!); Copic markers; sewing machine


27 comments:

  1. Omigosh, this has got to be the cutest card and gift bag I've ever seen! I absolutely love this ... every single adorable detail ... too sweet!

    Have a great weekend, Barbara!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO SO CUTE, Barbara!! I just ordered this PI (and a few other goodies) and I can't wait to get her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh way to SWEET, makes me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooooo sweet. Those mints are my favorite. I love that new image. She is adorable. I love the way you color her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are sweet Barbara! I love that grass at her feet...might be needing that one soon! Also the blue paper BG behind her is awesome. I would not think to cut her out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable and oh, so sweet, Barbara! Love the peppermint sticks treat tag and card! Great ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Cute! You really did that stamp set justice. I love all of those "sweet" sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUUUUTE!!! LOVE the touches of kraft cardstock mixed with the OA papers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in awe of this! Your layout is spectacular! My jaw is still on my keyboard!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet sweet card and treat bag set! I just love this little lollipop girl with the punched grass. That text bg is super too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you kidding me ....... how darn cute is that sweet little girl!!! I have to look into getting a few of these images!!! This is just the cutest thing ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Barbara!! I love the grass on these too! What a terrific project as always!! You impress me everyday!!!
    Maria :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just totally SWEET for sure! LOVE the papers and layout and you always have the most perfectly placed embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally cute card and treat bag....I so love this new PI image!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are so adorable! Love that little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a darling project for this challenge! That Thrift Shop paper is so perfect here! LOVE this all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, how cute!!! This is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet card. So fun and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, this is as cute as can be! I love the grass and the blue DP you used as the sky. Oh heck, I love every detail on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet project!! And the inside is just as wonderful as the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card and tag - great combination of colors and elements!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!