Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Flourishes New Store Celebration - Day Three

As we continue Flourishes' Grand Opening Celebration, we honor the talented designers who truly make Flourishes shine! Today's challenge is all about letting these designers inspire YOU! You'll find their links on our blog roll off to the right. Pay them a visit, pick a designer, and choose one of their cards to CASE. Please make sure to provide a link both to your card and the creation that inspired you! If you upload to SCS, use the keyword FLLCCEL3 and don't forget to link your creation on this post to be in the running for a Flourishes goody bag! You have until Monday, March 15th at 6 PM EST to upload your cards. FUN FYI: All of the designers playing in this challenge today are showing off a brand new, soon- to- be- released set called Friendly Reminders! It will be live in the Flourishes Store right after our Power Hour Release Party which begins Friday night at 9 PM CST in our SCS Member Company Forum!

It was a tough decision but I finally chose to CASE Stacy Morgan. I've always admired Stacy's clean and simple style and all her white space magic. I also love how she uses scoring to add interest to her cards. This is the card I'm CASEing (she has two projects in this post; scroll down to the second one).

And here's my card. I kept her layout and the scoring. I changed the colors, the image, and used flat-backed pearls instead of brads.

I stamped this image from Friendly Reminders on Classic White card stock with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored it with Copic markers. I think it's a pretty simple card so everything should be self-explanatory. The sentiment is from the set, as well. My scoring is not showing up as well as I'd like, but it's there :)

I'm so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to check back tomorrow for another Flourishes celebration challenge! And also be sure to check out the rest of today's offerings by visiting these DT and FOFDT blogs!

Maki Jones
Dee Jackson
Cindy Haffner
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber
Laura Fredrickson
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan




~Supplies~ Stamps: Friendly Reminder (Flrouishes) Paper: Always Artichoke (SU!); Classic White (Flourishes) Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa Accessories: foam tape (craft store); Scor-Pal; flat backed pearls (Basic Grey); Copic markers


13 comments:

  1. Barbara I am totally honored that you choose me. This is gorgeous. And yes the first thing I thought was... awesome White Space. hee hee The pearls look beautiful. Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Barb, I love Stacy's work too. Love your take on her style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I think this layout and CAS really showcases your image.. Terrific coloring also. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUCH a beautiful CAS design, Barb! Love the scoring and you colored it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this image and the CAS look you used with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Barb! This is SO beautifully colored...such a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Stacy's style, too! Your coloring is beautiful as always. The white space is super wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG - this is GORGEOUS!!! Love your CAS card!!! Perfect take on Stacy's card!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my gosh! I guess there're three great minds at work here. What a kick! What are the odds! I love your subtle coloring and the red bird. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bar, this is BEAUTIFUL!!! You rocked this new stamp set! I can't wait to get it inky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card. Love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so clean and elegant...a perfect Stacy case! Love the warm colours against the white!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!