Monday, March 29, 2010

"As we grow old...


...the beauty steals inward." Isn't that just an awesome quote? It's from MFT's Clearly Sentimental About Birthdays, which is the Triple Scoop set of the month. Wanna know how you can get this set free through April 7th? Check it out HERE. :)

Most of this card is pretty self explanatory, I think, but I'll share a couple of things that I did. I again sponged twill tape to get it the color I wanted and used it for my "ribbon". I used a lot of colors of Distress Ink on this card: Black Soot and Brushed Corduroy on the twill, for starters. The flowers are also colored with Distress Inks. They were originally white (off white, actually) and I sponged them with, top to bottom: Fired Brick, Milled Lavender, and Faded Jeans topped with Milled Lavender. Then I lightly went over each of them with Brushed Corduroy to give them a vintage look. The leaves were punched out of MFT's Sour Apple card stock (I love this color, too!) and sponged a bit, as well. I must admit I love how this card turned out!

Here's another sentiment from the set on the inside:

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I have Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge card for you tomorrow, by an awesome guest designer ;-)

~Supplies~
Stamps: Clearly Sentimental About Birthdays (MFT)
Paper: Kraft, Basic Black (SU!); Sour Apple (MFT); Savannah 6 x 6 pad (7 Gypsies)
Ink: Smoky Shadow (PTI); Distress Ink: Black Soot, Brushed Corduroy, Fired Brick; Milled Lavender, Faded Jeans (Ranger)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Classic Oval and Petite Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Prima flowers; sewing machine; Vintage Buttons and Rustic Twine (PTI); twill tape; border punch, leaf punch (Martha Stewart)


13 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely! I love this card. It's so elegant and pretty. The colors and paper are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wohoo Barbara, this is absolutely beautiful!! The colors, flowers and the aging are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the distressed inks on your twill and flowers-neat idea. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute projects!
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Barbara!! This is absolutely stunning!! Beautiful vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quote is indeed beautiful and you made it stand out with this fabulous design!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUCH a lovely card, Barb! Love the trio of punched flowers and the gorgeous DP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous! Love the vintage look you created and that beautiful sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an incredibly lovely card! LOVE everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Bar! Goes to show all you really need are some great sentiment stamps and beautiful accessories!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!