Friday, November 13, 2009

Sweetest Holidays--Stamp Simply #113

OMGoodness! Sharon is bent on making me learn all sorts of new card tricks, LOL! This week's challenge is another card folding technique. This one is the match book fold. Here's what she says:

Friday, Nov. 13 - ssnotime113 - Matchbook Fold -- I'm on a fold kick lately, and today it is a matchbook fold. With this fold you have one small fold and one large fold so it kind of looks like and opens like a matchbook. Check out all the DT samples today for some fun ideas and great inspiration with this fun fold!

I totally cased the little card here:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/matchbookcandyholder/

All of the scoring measurements are there, so I won't repeat them here. I stamped the peppermint sticks (and the sentiment) from My Favorite Thing's Santa Baby set on a Perfect Paper Panel and colored it with Copic markers. Then I cut it out and popped it up on some tiny Pop Dots. I sponged the edges of the sentiment piece with Distress Ink in Peeled Paint. Very simple little project, but it shows the matchbook fold with an added little treat pocket. I'm thinking some of these would be great little gifties for my co-workers this year :)

So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave a comment on Sharon's blog telling her where you uploaded. Please use the keyword ssnotime113 if you upload to a public forum. Check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team!

Bethany Paull - November Guest Designer

Julie Koerber

Barb Schram (filling in for Jennifer Buck who is taking some time off)

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Tammy Hershberger

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

Thanks for stopping by today! You know I love it when you do!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Santa Baby (MFT)
Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Real Red (SU!); Spiceberry (Memory Box); Perfect Paper Panel (MFT)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Pop Dots, brads (craft store); Copic markers; Cropodile


11 comments:

  1. Bab I love your matchbook, I made one of these the other day but haven't posted it yet. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm.....cute card, cuter candy! I love to see that little thing poppin' out of there!! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously Sweet! Love it!!! The candy canes pop right off the card -- vibrant and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you can tuck in both some chocolate and a sentiment to the inside of this little goodie. Love the candy cane decor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Barbara, a wonderful little match book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fresh and lovely design! So great for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO cute....LOVE those chocolates! Great minds think alike! LOL...maybe same names think alike??? LOL Super cute matchbook, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! That is a super cute little gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Miss Sharon will stretch you, and you did great, Barbara! This is really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!