Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Grow Love, Plant a Tree

I thought I'd share a card with you that I haven't shown you yet--it's from last month's My Favorite Thing's release, called Grow Love Plant a Tree. I love this set.

I think the mechanics of this card are pretty simple and self-explanatory. The tree was stamped three times--once for the base, once to paper piece the tree top, and once to paper piece the trunk. I love the distressed edges and rustic feel. Patterned paper is from the Rhubarb Tart 6 x 6 pack by Memory Box.

I'm so glad you dropped in today--be sure to check back tomorrow for the Color Throwdown for this week.

~Recipe~
Stamps: Grow Love Plant a Tree (MFT)
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Garden Green (SU!); Rhubarb Tart 6 x 6 pack (Memory Box)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities die; hemp, 3M foam squares (craft store); button (stash); distressing tool (Tim Holtz)




4 comments:

  1. Love all the distressing, and those papers are yummy! Great card, Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the distressing! It's very fresh and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this card. I love how you have used the paper piecing to create the tree.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!