Friday, July 17, 2009

Stamp Simply #96--Black and White

It's time for another Stamp Simply Challenge! We're moving right along--this is challenge #96! Today, Sharon challenges us to use black and white--here's what she says:

July 17 - ssnotime96 - Little Black Dress - The staple of every woman's wardrobe -- or so they say. How many of you actually HAVE a little black dress? Not me! Anyway, today's challenge is to make a project of understated elegance using black and white. If you need to add in a little pop of another color, that's fine, as long as the project is primarily black and white and it's overall feel is that of understated elegance. I think this one will produce some real beauties! Can't wait to see!!

And here's my card. Definitely understated (for me, LOL!) and definitely stamped simply--you'll have to decide whether or not it's elegant :) Unfortunately, I had to use my last sympathy card so I took advantage of the colors to add one to my stash. The images (the focal image is actually the semtiment image stamped inside the border image) are from Flourishes' set called Thinking Of You and were stamped on Whisper White with Versafine Onyx Black ink. Then cut/embossed with an Oval Nestabilities die and matted with another using Basic Black. My patterned paper is from the Black Tie 6 x 6 pad by Memory Box. The horizontal element is layered on Basic Black with it's border punched and with a sheer black ribbon tied around. The bow was made with my Bow Easy--perfect bows every time!

Come along and play with us and take the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave a comment on Sharon's blog telling her where you uploaded. Please use the keyword ssnotime96 if you upload to a public forum. Check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team:

Rose Ann - July Guest Designer

Julie Koerber

Jennifer Buck

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Tammy Hershberger

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

I'm so glad you dropped by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Thinking Of You (Flourishes)
Paper:Whisper White, Basic Black (SU!); Black Tie (Memory Box)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities dies; 3M foam squares, rhinestones, sheer ribbon (craft store); lattice border punch (Martha Stewart); ticket corner punch (SU!)

10 comments:

  1. Love this one! The paper is perfect and that ribbon is AMAZING! Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! It's so elegant! I used to have a few little black dresses...but they don't fit anymore-now I need a big black dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous Barb! It has a classic feel to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous Barbara! Black and white read elegance-- but your card especially so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This surely IS elegant, and so very beautiful as well!! I love your lattice edging and wonderful ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant and classy! Love it! You nailed the challenge of understated elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous card - Barb!!! Love the black and white theme and this FLLC Set!!!

    Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is truly stunning and inspirational! I always have trouble with black and white cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! One of my fav sets, love the sheer ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's incredibly elegant and beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!