Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Color Throwdown #53

Happy Wednesday! You know what that means--another Color Throwdown Challenge!! Today's colors come to compliments of Danielle: Bordering Blue, Pink Pirouette, and Rose Red.


This combination was a REAL challenge for me! It took me hours to decide what to do, thinking, looking through all my patterned paper to find something to pull these colors together. Finally, I found the only thing in my stash that would remotely work--a Cotton Scraps image by Crafty Secrets!

I decided to use the Bordering Blue as my neutral and I think it worked OK. I cut the image out with my dressmaker's pinking sheers, stitched around it to keep it from fraying too much, and then distressed it a bit with Ranger Distress Ink in Tea Dye. The rest of the card construction is pretty straight-forward, I think. I used my Bow Easy for my bow again and pinned on the little sentiment tag with a Tim Holtz mini safety pin--I love those little pins and paper clips!! So tiny and CUTE!! A few buttons for balance and that's about it!

So, why don't you c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use Mr. Linky to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD53 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! And don't forget--you may be chosen to be our Featured Stamper so get your card in the running!

Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week:
Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Cathy Indelicato--Crafty Thoughts
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy
Juliana Swanson/July Guest Designer - Stampin' With Inky Fingers

I'm so glad you stopped by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
Mixed Messages (PTI)

Paper:
Whisper White, Bordering Blue, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Bella Birds DSP (SU!)

Ink:
Rose Red (SU!); Tea Dye Distress Ink (Ranger)

Accessories:
Cuttlebug/Spellbinders tag die; 3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store); buttons (stash); tiny safety pin (Tim Holtz); Cotton Scraps-Easter (Crafty Secrets), sewing machine, pinking shears


6 comments:

  1. That cotton scrap is gorgeous! You always make the most elegant cards!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful, Barbara! What a sweet image, I LOVE anything CS and I especially love their scraps! Perfect for these colors--that bow is beautiful! I got some b-day cash, so maybe that will be one of my purchases--a bow-easy!!!Thanks for my card, too--even prettier IRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning card, Bar! You rock those Cotton Scraps, and what a beautiful bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Barbara!! Love the CS cotton scraps and it worked perfectly here ... and WOW check out that bow ... fantastic! Awesome creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is just gorgeous!!! I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!