Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thoughts and prayers--Sketches! {by Tamara} #92


Time for another Sketches! {by Tamara} Sketch Challenge--#92. Here's the sketch:



My base card is Kraft with a layer of Baja Breeze and a partial layer of Parisian Breeze Specialty DSP. I stamped the sentiment, from SU!'s Thoughts and Prayers set, on the Baja Breeze and used my slot punch to run some Kraft ribbon through and tie in a bow. The focal image is from the same set and was colored with SU! Chocolate Chip marker and a Baja Breeze reinker and my blender pen on Whisper White. I cut/embossed it with my new Labels Four Nestabilities die and matted it on Baja Breeze and Kraft cut/embossed with Petite Oval dies. The Baja Breeze and Kraft layers are separated by 3M foam squares and the whole thing is up on foam squares, as well. Some flat back pearls in two sizes accent the focal image and was all it needed to be finished, I think. You agree? I'm liking it!

Don't forget to check out the sketch at the Sketches! {by Tamara} blog and give it a try--we'd love to see what you come up with!

And be sure to check out the other team members' cards:
Alexandra--California Stampin'
Becky--Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun, Fun, Fun
Carol--Carol's Paperplayce
Jo--Here I Go Again
Krista--Krista be cardin'
Marley--Marley Blog
Olena--From My Hands...To Your Heart
Riley--Stampin' and Dancin' With Riley
Suzanne--Stamp In Style and Cut It Cute
Sylvia--Sylvia's Stamping Place
Tricia--Tricia's Treasures

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers (SU!)
Paper: Kraft, Baja Breeze, Parisian Breeze Specialty DSP (SU!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities;3M foam squares, flat back pearls (craft store); Kraft ribbon (SU!)

7 comments:

  1. Alright, that settles it! I NEED that stamp set! This is beautiful, Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Barbara!! I love that stamp set, it's one of my faves!!! I had fun with this sketch too....one of my faves! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, this is absolutely beautiful!! I love it!

    Hugs~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love the layers you've used!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful card! I am drooling over your perfectly tied bow! I really like the way you cut a slot in the CS and ran the ribbon through. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An absolutely gorgeous card Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Great sketch, love the colors and the pearls add the right touch of elegance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!