Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Thinking of you--Color Throwdown #39

Alrighty! It's time for another Color Throwdown Challenge! Here we are at #39 and the colors for this week were chosen by Cathy Indelicato: Real Red, Black, and Barely Banana.

These were fun colors to work with! I'd had this Buttermilk Hen Karen Lockhart stamp for some time and when I went to Ellen Hutson's store for inspiration I saw she was done with these very colors so I cased it! Serendipity!

My base card is Barely Banana with layers of Basic Black and DSP from the SU! Hostess Prints Pack in Real Red. Both layers were punched with a Martha Stewart border punch and have a black gingham ribbon tied around in a bow. The image was stamped on Gina K Pure Luxury card stock, colored with Copic markers (see below), was cut/embossed with a new Spellbinders Classic Inverted Scalloped Squares die, and is matted with Real Red and Basic Black cut/embossed with Classic Square dies. The colored image is up on 3M foam squares, then the entire focal image is popped up on more foam squares. The sentiment is from Verve's Circular Sayings set and was stamped on Gina K card stock and punched out with my oval punch, then layered with Basic Black punched with the Designer Label punch and is popped up on foam squares. A couple of red Dew Drops lend some color accent to the sentiment element and it's done!

C'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD39 so we can see your beauty all in one place. And if you play, you *could* be picked as our Featured Stamper and a guest designer! Hope to see you there!

Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week:
Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Cathy Indelicato--Crafty Thoughts
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy

And, if you've read this far, please remember to head on over to the poll at the MFT Forum at SCS and vote for me in the MFT Idol Contest. Things are heating up and every vote counts! Thank you!

Thanks for dropping by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Buttermilk Hen (Lockhart); Circular Sayings (Verve)
Paper: Basic Black, Barely Banana, Real Red, hostess Prints Pack (SU!); Pure Luxury 80lb, card stock (Gina K.)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Classic Inverted Squares and Classic Squares Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store); Dew Drops; Oval and Designer Label punches (SU!); Copic markers; border punch (Martha Stewart)

6 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! I wondered how you got that scallop on the INSIDE of your image--a new inverted die?! Wowza, I need to check that out! Wonderful image, I just love it!
    Good luck with the MFT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - what a great country feel!!!! Great job with my colors!!! Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care if you DID case it, this card is just the perfect use of these colors! Love the hen, the inverted scallop square and that gingham ribbon is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hen is so sweet and I love your layout! Cool new die too!

    I voted!!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AWESOME Barb! LOVE the country polka dots and your image is wonderful!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the punched borders and great ribbon accent! Such a pretty card!!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!