Sunday, April 12, 2009

Taking the First Step

First, let me wish everyone a very Happy Easter!!!!!!!!!

Flourishes had a release party Friday night. I didn't make it to the party but I got my order in soon after it. Check out the new sets here. Last week's Timeless Tuesday challenge was to use one of your favorite Flourishes sets. Well, I LOVE lots of them, but my favorite would have to be this backgrounder: Damask. It's so versatile and rich, and, well, gorgeous!

So, here's my card for the challenge. My base card is Whisper White. I then added a partial layer of Basic Black with the upper corners punched with my Ticket Corner punch. Then I stamped my Damask backgrounder with Basic Black Craft ink, applied clear embossing powder, and heated it up. I cut it out with a large label Nestabilities die and layered it on the black. Then I added a 1" wide red grosgrain ribbon to the bottom and attached it to the card base. The sentiment is from another Flourishes set, called Timeless Quotes, another favorite of mine. I used Basic Black and Real Red Craft ink on it and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Then I layered it on Real Red and Basic Black and popped it up on 3M foam squares. Some red flat-backed pearls from Ellen Hutson's store in the upper corners and lower left corner finished it off!

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Damask Backgrounder, Timeless Quotes (Flourishes)
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black (SU!)
Ink: Basic Black and Real Red Craft (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Large Label Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store); red flat back pearls (Ellen Hutson); Ticket Corner punch (SU!)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card! I am so excited, I won a Flourishes stamp from Laura Frederickson--my choice! I have to make up my mind which one, so difficult! I love these colors together, so elegant!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - Barb - this is gorgeous!!! Love the color combo - one of my absolute fav's :)!!!

    Thank you so much for playing along and I hope you'll stop by again tomorrow?!? Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant! I love the red, black and white. Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!