Sunday, March 15, 2009

You're a ROCKSTAR!!


A very dear friend of mine asked me to make cards for two of her grand-daughters who have birthdays coming up in April. One's a teenager who plays guitar in a rock band and this card is for her. I hope she likes it as much as I do!

I'm using SCS Sketch Challenge #219 for this card, although I had to make it square to accommodate everything I wanted to do with it. My base card is Whisper White with three layers of Scarlett's Letter DP from Basic Grey. The next element, the wedge, is Whisper White, stamped with a background stamp from Stampabilities called Composer's Dream in Palette Noir Black and layered on more DP. The guitar was stamped with Palette Noir Black on Whisper White from an Inkadinkado set called, appropriately, Rock Star, and was cut out and popped up on 3M foam squares. The focal image, using MFT's "Hey Chica" set (which is apparently currently sold out--but check back if you're interested--it'll be back) was stamped on Gina K. Pure Luxury 80 lb. paper with Memento Tuxedo Black, colored with Copic markers (see below for colors used), and after using my ticket corner punch on both layers, was matted with more DP and is up on foam squares. The sentiment is from the same set and was stamped on Whisper White with Palette Noir Black. The smaller part was cut out with my Word Window punch and is up on 3M foam squares and the larger part is also up on foam squares. I added some red crystal bling to the guitar and sentiment, and as an earring for Chica. I really like how this turned out and I'd love to know what you think!

Thanks for stopping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Hey Chica (MFT); Rock Star (Inkadinkado); Composer's Dream (Stampabilities)
Paper: Whisper White (SU!); Scarlett's Letter (Basic Grey); Gina K. Pure Luxury 80 lb.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Palette Noir Black
Accessories: 3M foam squares, red crystals (craft store); Copic markers; Word Window, Ticket Corner punches (SU!)

1 comment:

  1. The perfect teen card. Your coloring is outstanding on her and the guitar is an awesome touch. She will truley appreciate this card and that for a teen is hard to find these days. hee hee Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!