Monday, March 02, 2009

No small miracles


This card is for the first Viva la Verve challenge with a twist for March. The twist is to add buttons! Not a problem, LOL!

My base card is Sahara Sand with layers of Certainly Celery, Blue Bayou, and DP on two panels of the sketch from a DCWV pad called "The Green Stack" since it's from recycled paper. Cute designs! The center panels are Whisper White sponged with Blue Bayou. The focal image was stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa using the medallion from Verve's Beautiful You set, colored with a combination of SU! and Copic markers and cut out. A Making Memories pewter brad is in the center and it's up on 3M foam squares. The sentiment, from the same set, was stamped with the same ink and is embellished with the required buttons.

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve)
Paper: Sahara Sand, Certainly Celery, Blue Bayou (SU!); The Green Stack (DCWV)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Brad (Making Memories); buttons (stash); 3M foam squares, sponge (craft store); SU! and Copic markers

2 comments:

  1. Wow - awesome card! I just found you via splitcoaststampers and I luv your blog! You have lots of great ideas and I will be adding you as an inspiration blog to my blog, so I hope that's ok with you!

    I do have a question - how did you do the great background on your blog, since the ones available are so limited and generic?

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Bar! I love the tree paper in the background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!