Thursday, March 26, 2009

Happily Ever After--Sketches! {by Tamara} # 88


It's Thursday so it's time for another Sketches! {by Tamara} challenge. This one is #88. I have trouble with round cards, so this one WAS a challenge for me.

My base card is Whisper White. I ran it through my Cuttlebug with the largest Large Scalloped circle Nestabilities die, leaving a "hinge". I then used a stamp from a Kitchen Sink Stamps set called Never a Loss 4 Words. I needed something long and flexible enough to curve around and this one fit the bill, so, I decided this would be a wedding or anniversary card. I then stamped a wedding cake from an Inkadinkado set called Wedding, added some Prima flowers with crystal brads, and some faceted jewels at each scallop. I then punched a slot at the hinge and tied a pale blue bow through it.

Thanks for looking!

Don't forget to check out the sketch at the Sketches! {by Tamara} blog and give it a try--we'd love to see what you come up with!

And be sure to check out the other team members' cards:
Alexandra--California Stampin'
Becky--Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun, Fun, Fun
Carol--Carol's Paperplayce
Jo--Here I Go Again
Krista--Krista be cardin'
Marley--Marley Blog
Olena--From My Hands...To Your Heart
Riley--Stampin' and Dancin' With Riley
Suzanne--Stamp In Style and Cut It Cute
Sylvia--Sylvia's Stamping Place
Tricia--Tricia's Treasures

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
Never a Loss 4 Words (Kitchen Sink Stamps; Wedding (Inkadinkado)

Paper:
Whisper White
(SU!)
Ink: Basic Black (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, ribbon, brads, jewels (craft store); Prima flowers

6 comments:

  1. Nice! Round cards can be a challenge, but you rocked this one. Aren't those KS stamps great? How "flexible" they are!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card! I just love that Blue & Cream Combo!

    Hugs
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice card! Love it! ~Olena~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Barbara! I never thought about using Nestabilities - will remember that next time LOL!

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! This is amazing Barbara!!! I admit it, this sketch was NOT my fave, but I love what you did with it, all the bling, and the color combo just ROCK! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!