Sunday, February 08, 2009

Measuring life

This card is for the second Viva la Verve Sketch With a {Twist} for February. I'm really loving Amber's sketches--and the twist, LOL. This week's twist is NO design paper! Whoa!! So, I immediately thought of the background stamp from Verve's Artful Elegance set. It also is for Our Creative Corner's latest challenge: use your favorite embellishment for inspiration. OK. If I have to pick *one* embellishment, it would have to be ribbon! So I planned this card around some ribbon I'd had in my stash for a while.

My base card is Very Vanilla with layers of Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Tempting Turquoise that was stamped with the background stamp and Tempting Turquoise ink. The next element is Chocolate Chip and Kraft, both layers cut/embossed with circle Nestabilities dies. The next element is more of all three colors, with the inspiration ribbon and is up on 3M foam squares. The focal element was stamped on Very Vanilla with Chocolate Chip and a stamp from Verve's Beautiful You set. I love this set. It has such great sentiments and is so versatile. It was cut/embossed with an oval die and matted with Chocolate Chip. Before I matted it, I ran a Tempting Turquoise marker around the edge to give it a little color. It's also up on foam squares. Dew Drops from the Cowboy collection accent the ribbon element, following the sketch.

Thanks for dopping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
Artful Elegance, Beautiful You (Verve)
Paper:
Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Tempting Turquoise (SU!)
Ink:
Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise (SU!)
Accessories:
Cuttlebug, circle and oval Nestabilities dies; 3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store); Dew Drops (Robins Nest)

4 comments:

  1. Barbara - this is a beautiful card. I just adore these colors and the sentiment is great. Wonderful job !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful--I love the sketch, would never think to put circles and ovals together. That Verve background is just perfect. Hope you win the challenge, you're on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Barb, this is gorgeous! I love the sentiment and the colors you chose are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty! You really conquered the "no designer paper" part of that challenge! LOVE that ribbon! (I think I have some of that... must use it sometime!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!