Monday, February 02, 2009

Fresh Cuts Inspiration


This card is for two challenges: the first Viva la Verve sketch with a twist for February and SCS Inspiration Challenge 165. The "twist" was to have any kind of embossing on the project. Easy, peasy. This is the first time for me for the Inspiration Challenge and I must say it was fun! Inspiration was to come from Elum Designs website. Elum specializes in designer paper products and specialty printing. Here's what I chose to be inspired by. Of course, it's Fresh Cuts!!!

My base card is Whisper White with a layer of Tangerine Tango. The next layer is Whisper White that was run through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder and then had it's corners rounded. The next element is a strip of Tangerine Tango. The focal image is stamped with the Fresh Cuts main image with Tangerine Tango on Whisper White and cut out with an oval Nestabilities die. It has a Whisper White layer and then a scalloped Tangerine Tango layer and is popped up on 3M foam squares. Some Bird of Paradise Dew Drops finish it off. This was simple and fun and got me doing something different.

Thanks for dropping in!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Fresh Cuts (SU!)
Paper: Whisper White, Tangerine Tango (SU!)
Ink: Tangerine Tango (SU!)
Accessories: 3M foam squares (craft store); Cuttlebug and Nestabilities; Dew Drops (Robins Nest); corner rounder punch

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!