Monday, January 05, 2009

Thanks so much

This card is for the No Time To Stamp? challenge #68--a thank you card, stamped simply. Never hurts to have one of those on hand, and this gave me an idea for a gift box set, too.

When I first started thinking about how I was going to do this card, I quickly decided on using Basic Grey's Scarlett's Letter DP, fully expecting to use the black/red line. But, while flipping through the paper pad, I ran across this design--I'd never "seen" it since I basically thought of this collection as red and black. I LOVE this brown paper!!!

My base card is Very Vanilla with a layer of the brown DP, then a layer of the "vanilla" DP, then a layer of the brown patterned paper covering half of the card area. I stamped the sentiment directly on the "vanilla" panel with Vintage Sepia Versafine ink and a stamp from Sincere Salutations, tied a sheer brown ribbon around it, and added the focal image up on 3M foam squares. I stamped the focal image with my Just-Rite small round Harmony wooden stamper, a border, and my initials using the Brayton Font set in Vintage Sepia Versafine ink. I then cut/embossed it with my circle Nestabilities dies and layered it on the same two colors of DP that I used on the base card. I love this card, LOL!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Sincere Salutations (SU!), Brayton Font (Just Rite)
Paper: Very Vanilla (SU!), Scarlett's Letter (Basic Grey 6 x6 pad)
Ink: Vintage Sepia (Versafine)
Accessories: small round Harmony wooden stamper (Just Rite), Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, 3M foam squares, ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so pretty. I love using BG paper (as you know) because you can make a quick card with a minimum of stamping!!!
    And your masculine get-well is great, too! I need a few of them--better get off the computer and sit down and get to work! LOL!
    LeAnne
    PS: New picture looks great! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!