Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hearts of Gold

This card was made for the third January Viva la Verve challenge--with a twist of PINK. Yeah, it's almost late ;-) But it's a great sketch so I had to do it.

My base card is Whisper White, with a layer of gold metallic card stock, then a layer of DP from The Sweet Stack from DCWV. The next element is gold, then Ruby Red and is up on 3M foam squares. The focal element is first gold card stock on which I used a Martha Stewart heart border punch, then a layer of Pirouette Pink, then another layer of DP. Three hearts, both layers of which were punched with a different Martha Stewart heart punche in Ruby Red and gold were adhered with 3M foam squares. The sentiment was stamped with Ruby Red on Whisper White with a stamp from Papertrey Ink's Heart Prints set. It's also up on 3M foam squares. Three sizes of flat back gold beads accent in different places.

Thanks for droppin in!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Heart Prints (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: The Sweet Stack (DCWV); Whisper White, Ruby Red (SU!); gold metallic (Office Max)
Ink: Ruby Red (SU!)
Accessories: 3M foam squares, flat back gold beads (craft store); 3 heart punches (Martha Stewart)

2 comments:

  1. How pretty! Love that MS punch--I haven't seen that one at my local walmart yet--it adds such a nice touch!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, this is really pretty! I would have not guessed that was a punch it's so pretty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!