Thursday, January 29, 2009

Flower of the Month--January

This card is for the last Viva la Verve January challenge. It's a sketch with a twist of flowers. I'm always ready to do flowers, and since I just got this retired SU! set called Flower of the Month, I was ready. I really love this set.

My base card is Very Vanilla with three layers of cardstock from a K & Co Cardstock Pad called K-ology Hannah, and I added a Dew Drop from the Primary Color bottle in each of the corners.The next element is also all from that cardstock pad and is up on 3M foam squares with a little paper piercing in each corner. The third element is two pieces of satin ribbon that match the card stock. The focal image is the flower for January--Carnation. It was stamped on Stamper's Select cardstock with Palette Hybrid Noir Black ink. I colored it with Copic markers (see picture below for the ones I used), sponged the edges with Creamy Caramel ink and cut/embosed it with a Lables One Nestabilities die. Then it was matted with card stock from the pad that was cut/embossed as well. The sentiment is from Verve's Wonderful Wishes set and was stamped on patterned cardstock with Basic Black, punched with the small oval punch and matted on more cardstock punched with the medium punch. Both the focal image and the sentiment are up on 3M foam squares.

I like the way this card turned out. Each month I'll use the stamp for that month for a birthday card. And I have another project in mind for this set, too.

Thanks for dropping in!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Flower of the Month (SU!); Wonderful Wishes (Verve)
Paper: Very Vanilla (SU!); K-ology Hannah Cardstock Pad (K & Co); Stamper's Select (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Palette Hybrid Noir Black; Basic Black, Creamy Caramel (SU!)
Accessories: Copics; Cuttlebug, Nestabilities Lable One; 3M foam squares, ribbon, sponge (craft store); Dew Drops (Robin's Nest); paper piercer/mat/template; small and medium oval punches (SU!)

2 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!