Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dance

This card is for the SCS Color Challenge 200: Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie, and Brilliant Blue. At first I thought: "Whoa! What a combination!" But after forming an idea in my mind and starting to work with it, I like it!! A lot. I always reach for my Primas when it's a difficult combination like this and I don't think they failed me this time. Do you?

My base card is Whisper White with a layer of Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie, and Brilliant Blue. I thought this combination called for a good deal of white space, but since I don't do stark white so well I added a layer of Whisper White that I'd run through my Cuttlebug with the Textile folder and sponged the raised areas with Brilliant Blue. The focal image is stamped with a stamp from Verve's Wonderful You set in Brilliant Blue on Whisper White. All layers for this element were cut/embossed with my circle and Petite Scallop Nestabilities dies and are mounted on 3M foam squares. I added some perfectly matchin blue and pumpkin Prima flowers and attached them with green jeweled brads. I added some leafy branches in Garden Green punched with a Martha Stewart punch using glue dots. More jeweled brads balance the other corners and one orange rhinestone accents the stamped message. This will be a birthday card and I like it a lot--I hope the recipient likes it as much as I do. Bring on the odd color combinations--I've got my bag of Primas and I'm ready, LOL!!

Thanks for dropping in!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Wonderful You (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie, and Brilliant Blue (SU!)
Ink: Brilliant Blue (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, jeweled brads, rhinestone, glue dots (craft store); leafy branch punch (Martha Stewart)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're brave to take on that color combo! You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!