Monday, December 22, 2008

Elegance in neutrals.

This card is for SCS color challenge 195: Sahara Sand, Basic Black, and Very Vanilla, and for the Our Creative Corner Challenge this week--a Lovey Dovey project. I really like these colors together--they make for a very elegant card. I needed an anniversary card, and this was perfect for that.

My base card is Sahara Sand, with a layer of Basic Black and then a layer of DP from ATD (a division of Momenta) called Story of Us--perfect for a wedding or anniversary card! I got this paper pack at an A C Moore craft store and I love the papers in this pack. The focal image is from the SU! set Always, which was stamped twice on Very Vanilla card stock with Basic Black, cut out once, and adhered with 3M foam squares, then layered on Basic Black. A black satin ribbon and flat bow accent the main image. The sentiment was stamped with Basic Black on Sahara Sand, punched with the medium oval punch, and layered on a piece of Basic Black punched out with the Designer Label punch. Small pearls accent this element and I used larger ones in the right upper corner for balance. Oh, and I added a few white Liquid Pearls to the heart image.

I'm really loving this card and I hate to give it away, LOL, but it's already signed and addressed. I hope the recipient likes it as much as I do ;-)

~Recipe~
Stamps: Always (SU!), Wonderful Wishes (Verve)
Paper: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Basic Black (SU!), Story Of Us (ATD)
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: scissors, Medium Oval and Designer Label punches (SU!), flat back pearls and black satin ribbon (craft store), 1/8" 3M foam squares, white Liquid Pearls

2 comments:

  1. This is just so beautiful. Love that elegant background paper. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!