Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree

I love Christmas (surprised?)! And I love making Christmas cards, so here's another one. I thought this simple tree stamp went well with Basic's Grey's Figgy paper collection. This card is for Our Creative Corner's challenge this week, which is a sketch challenge. I love sketch challenges because I'm sketch challenged, LOL! And this is a great sketch!! Check out what the DT did with this sketch--awesome samples!

My base card is Whisper White, with a layer of Always Artichoke and then a layer of DP. The two corner elements are another pattern from the collection on Bravo Burgundy card stock. The focal image and the sentiment from Verve's Ornamental Christmas set were stamped on Whisper White with Always Artichoke and Bravo Burgundy craft ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I used my ticket corner punch and sponged the edges with Always Artichoke. It's layered on Bravo Burgundy and then Always Artichoke and I added burgundy brads to the corners. A burgundy ribbon was tied around this and then it was attached with dimensionals. It got rave reviews at the office this morning and I hope you like it. Thanks for taking a look!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Simple Christmas Tree (seriously, that's it's name!--Stampabilities), Cupcake Affair (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy (SU!), Figgy DP (Basic Grey)
Ink: Bravo Burgundy and Always Artichoke craft ink (SU!)
Accessories: ribbon and brads (craft store), heat gun, clear embossing powder, sponge, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!