Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Crazy For Cupcakes

This card is for the Paper Craft Planet sketch this week. I've been wanting to ink up this stamp ever since I got it, but I've been so into Thanksgiving cards it had to take the back burner. I love these soft colors and I'm really loving how this card turned out.

My base card is Whisper White. All other paper (five designs) is from Basic Grey's Two Scoops 6 x 6 pad. I love these pads and I especially love this collection! I stamped the images from Crazy For Cupcakes in Versafine Smokey Gray ink, colored the cupcakes with Sage Shadow and Cameo Coral, and the stand with Sahara Sand. I added some glitter to the stand and the cherries with a Sakura pen. The icing on the cupcakes is done with Liquid Applique which was heat set to puff it up. This is the first time for me using this stuff and I like it! Some flat back pearls and ribbon complete the soft girlie look. Thanks for stopping by--hope you enjoyed your visit!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Crazy For Cupcakes
Paper: Whisper White (SU!), Two Scoops (Basic Grey)
Ink: Versifine Smoky Gray
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Sakura glitter pen, Liquid Applique, ribbon (Michaels), flat back pearls (Hobby Lobby)

1 comment:

  1. Barbara:

    I just love this card - the colors are so nice - it's a very nice birthday card - thank you - Janet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!