Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun

This card is for the Color Throwdown challenge #17. The colors this week are black, orange, green, and purple--Halloween colors!! I was searching through my stamps and came across this one from My Favorite Things: Branch Out. It has the cutest little ghosties hanging in a tree!!

I started with a Basic Black card base and layered it with Only Orange, then another layer of Basic Black that I ran through my Cuttlebug with the Spider Web embossing folder. The next element is Only Orange with a layer of DP with all the colors and there's ribbon tied around the bottom. The focal element is stamped on Whisper White with Basic Black ink and layered on Only Orange and Basic black card stock. The sentiment is also from the Branch Out set and is stamped on Only Orange with Basic Black and attached with purple and green brads. I'm liking it! Thanks for stopping by and seeing what's new!

Recipe: Stamps--Branch Out (My Favorite Things); Paper--Whisper White, Basic Black, Only Orange (SU!); Ink--Basic Black (SU!); Accessories--Ribbon and brads (craft store), Cuttlebug and Spider Web embossing folder.

2 comments:

  1. Well, gee, how did I miss this one? This is adorable! What a great job with this challenge!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too cute! Love that 'ghost tree'!! The CB spider web background looks great and I really love how you matted the layers in orange.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!