Monday, September 22, 2008

Gimme the corn!

I love this paper and this little stamp, don't you? So, I sat down to make a card with them and this is what I came up with--it just sorta evolved into what you see here and I love it!

The DP is by Heidi Grace and is called, appropriately, Candy Corn. It's from the Jeepers Creepers line of Shimmer Glitter paper and it does both very nicely. The Candy Corn stamp is from Impression Obsession, as is the sentiment. The words are from a sheet of words and I don't have the name of it at hand--I'll look and add it later.

I started by stamping the candy corn on Whisper White card stock with Basic Black ink, and colored it with Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron markers. After cutting/embossing with my small oval Nestabilities die, it was layered on a piece of Basic Black card stock, cut/embossed with a small scalloped oval die, and then on a layer of Pumpkin Pie card stock, also cut/embossed with a small oval die, and is up on dimensionals. The DP was put on a layer of Basic Black with a double sided satin ribbon in black and orange wrapped around, and is on a card base of Pumpkin Pie. The double photo corner is accented with brads and is up on dimensionals. The sentiment was stamped with Basic Black on Whisper white card stock and the ends rounded with the word window punch. It was then layered on a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock cut/embossed with a Nestabilities die. It's also accented with brads and is up on dimentionals.

Thanks for visiting and looking. Have a great day!

Recipe: Stamps--Candy Corn and sentiment (Impression Obsession); Paper--Whisper White, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie (SU!); Ink--Basic Black and Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron markers (SU!); Accessories--Word Window punch, Photo Corner punch, small oval and small scalloped oval Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, ribbon and brads (craft shop).

2 comments:

  1. I love this "corny" card!
    Have fun at the convention..Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable...I think that candy corn paper is so fun!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!