Friday, June 27, 2008

Kiddo Get Well.

I made this card for a co-worker's nine year old daughter who just had surgery on her foot. I thought the bright colors and little bit of bling might cheer her up.

I used white craft store card stock for the base, layered it with brightly patterned paper from Hobby Lobby. The main image is stamped on the same white card stock matted with purple craft store card stock and the edges are sponged with SU! Lavender Lace. The stamp components are from the Hero Arts "Hello Birdie" set and stamped with Versifine Smokey Gray ink. I colored the images with a combination of Copic and Marvey markers (very little artistic talent went into this--the kid could have done better, I suspect, LOL). The ribbon and faceted jewels are from a craft store.

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet, Barbara! I love the bright colors and I'm sure it was very cheery to your friends laid-up daughter!

    Love your new picture, too! Nice to "see" you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!